Discover Wildlife and Nature Zodiac Tour 2017
4 hours: Wildlife Discovery – $ 145.00 (snack and drink included)
Children Under 12: $ 125.00
Covered Vessel Rates From $175.00
Children under 12: $ 140.00
Please Quote Code WLS10 When Booking. Taxes Not Included
Discover… Explore… Enjoy…Discovery Passage and the surrounding islands is one of the dynamic inland coastal environments in British Columbia and home to some of the most spectacular wildlife in the world. Join us for an experience of a lifetime… explore the waters and shoreline and discover some the diversity of wildlife and intriguing history that Discovery Passage has to offer.
- Black Bears forage for “rock crabs” on the shorelines at low tide in spring and early summer
- Dalls Porpoise – Known as “Sea Pigs” can weight up to 450 lbs
- They pursue herring and small salmon near the surface throughout the summer months
- Pacific White Sided Dolphin – exceptionally agile and playful known for their acrobatic skills and their love for “bow riding” with large vessels
- Sea Lions – Have a migration routethrough the Discovery Islands from March to end of June and Sept to November
- Stellar Seal Lions up to 2500 lbs / California Sea Lions up 2000 lbs
- Bald Eagles – Very plentiful throughout the spring and summer
- They build their incredibly large nests close to good feeding areas (think Ocean Rapids)
- The most incredible viewing time is from May 15 to July 15 where you can photograph 80 to 100 Bald Eagles feeding at one time. Ask us where!
- Waterfowl – Campbell River is on the “Pacific Northwest Migration Route” for many species of birds
We may have the opportunity to view:
BLACK BEARS, EAGLES, WHALES, SEALIONS, PORPOISE, DOLPHINS… and much more.
Package Booking and Cancellation Policy
50% non refundable deposit at time of booking. 24 hour cancellation or full Tour Price is charged.
Conditions Apply – Taxes not included.