Join us on our Spring Discovery Tour as we travel to mainland inlets in our covered vessel to see several waterfalls in all of their glory. As we cruise the shorelines, we will keep our eyes peeled for different types of wildlife as they return and awaken from the long winter. Witness sea lions, sea birds, and Orca! View the first Humpback Whales of the season as they make their way back to our northern waters! Watch bears forage along the shore for crabs, mussels, oysters, and more!
On this 6 to 7 hour tour, we will travel throughout the islands surrounding Campbell River and make our way to the various inlets of British Columbia’s mainland coast, while searching for wildlife along the way.
The tour begins at the Floathouse with a brief explanation of the wildlife you may encounter, a map of the general area of travel, and safety information.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Travelling to see a variety of nature and wildlife in a well maintained, 12 passenger vessel
- Nature interpretation by your certified Naturalist Guide and Captain
- Opportunities to view Bears foraging on the beach
- Viewing of some of the most spectacular water falls in our area
- Freshly prepared Lunch plus a snack
- Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate
- Great opportunities to safely use cameras and binoculars (tripods not recommended)
- The calm and beautiful scenery while travelling through the narrow passages between the Discovery Islands and into Johnstone Strait, rather than into the open Pacific Ocean.
What you should bring:
- A reusable water bottle
- A camera
- A sense of adventure
- Warm layers
Adult price from $263 plus fees and taxes
Departs daily at 9:00 am from April 15 - June 15
Booking and Cancellation Policy:
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation up to 4 people (7 day notice required for groups larger than 4 people). Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. All trips are subject to fees and taxes.
Please note our minimum age is 4 years old.
Commercial Bear Viewing Association
We are proud members of the Commercial Bear Viewing Association (CVBA). The CVBA is dedicated to conservation, supporting research, and training. The CVBA has established science backed Best Management Practices, and continues to evolve the industry standard as new research comes out. Our Bear Viewing Guides, along with the onsite First Nation Guides in both Bute and Toba Inlet are Certified Bear Viewing Guides and have gone through a 2 day training course hosted by the CVBA.
Each guest on our tours is issued a “CVBA Bear Viewing License” when they join us on a tour. This $15 license fee goes directly towards conservation efforts by the association.