On the Inside Passage between Vancouver Island and the mainland of British Columbia lie the fertile waters of the Salish Sea, Discovery Passage and Johnstone Strait. This area provides us with an abundance of wildlife that you may see on our 4 hour Wildlife Tour.
The 4 hour Wildlife Tour is designed to provide guests with the opportunity to view Humpback Whales, Orca, Pacific White Sided Dolphin, Sea Lions, Harbour Seals, Bald Eagles and Black Bears along the shore line. While it would be difficult to guarantee all of these animals on every tour we take pride in each of our tours and take every opportunity to show our guests everything that is possible during their tour.
Our Wildlife Tour departs 3 times daily, at 8:00 am, 12 noon and 4:00 pm. All 4 hour tours are available in either a 12 passenger Covered vessel or a Zodiac style vessel.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Traveling to see a variety of wildlife in a well maintained, DOT approved, 12 passenger vessel.
- Nature interpretation by a certified Naturalist Guide who is also the vessel Captain.
- Onboard washrooms (marine head with environmental friendly holding tanks)
- The ability to use cameras and binoculars safely. (tripods not recommended)
- The calm waters and beautiful scenery while traveling the narrow passages between the Discovery Islands and into Bute Inlet.
- The vocalizations of Orca or Humpback Whales through the onboard Hydrophones (underwater microphones) if those opportunities arise. note: Orca and Humpback Whales do not communicate all day