Only have a day? Campbell River Whale Watching and WILDCOAST Adventures have joined forces to deliver the most spectacular day Kayaking with Whales and Wildlife for avid adventurers of every experience level.
This incredible kayaking and whale watching adventure will transport you into the heart of the wilderness teeming with wildlife. You will spend half the day kayaking in areas known to have wildlife and half the day on a whale watching excursion aboard our covered vessel "Wild 1", featuring a open viewing deck. Combining these two adventures maximizes your wildlife encounters and access areas otherwise out of reach to a single day tour.
This area is home to humpbacks whales, orca, dolphins, seals, bears, and other wildlife.
This is a full day tour lasting 8-9 hours.
Adults Price: $369 plus fees and taxes
Departs daily at 9:00
The tour begins at the Floathouse with a brief explanation of the wildlife and whales you may encounter, a map of the general area of travel, and safety information for your kayaking with whales and wildlife adventure.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- 3 hours of wildlife viewing from our well maintained 12 passenger vessel
- 3 hours kayaking in the wilderness
- Instruction, and guiding by your certified kayak Guide
- Nature interpretation by your certified Naturalist Guide and Captain
- Onboard washrooms
- A lunch of fresh made wraps, snacks of homemade baked goods and granola bars, and beverages such as coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and water.
- Great opportunities to safely use cameras and binoculars (tripods not recommended)
- Calm and beautiful scenery of Discovery Passage and surrounding Islands
- The vocalizations of Orca or Humpback Whales through the onboard Hydrophones (underwater microphones) if those opportunities arise (Orca and Humpback Whales do not communicate all day
- Opportunities to encounter whales, dolphins, seals, sea lion, bears, eagles, and many inter tidal species
Please note the minimum age on this tour is 12 years old. If you have questions regarding what is the best tour for your child please give us a call!
GUARANTEE OF WHALE SIGHTINGS
Campbell River Whale Watching and WILDCOAST want you to see whales. We will go the extra distance for you to see them and won’t cut the trip short. If we do not see a whale on your Full Day Kayaking tour with us between May 15th - August 15th then we will take you out again at no charge, on a stand-by basis, until we do see one. Even if it’s next year!
Guarantee applicable to full fare paying clients and is valid for 24 months
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation up to 4 people (7 day notice required for groups larger than 4 people). Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. All trips are subject to fees and taxes.
Are you looking for a little more adventure? We have also teamed up with WILDCOAST to offer a multi day, whale watching and kayaking tour! Head over to their site for more information on this tour! It will be an experience of a lifetime!