On this full day adventure, we explore the waters of the Salish Sea, Discovery Passage, and Johnstone Strait. This tour gives us the luxury of time and is designed for those individuals who want to see as much as they can in one single day. With a focus on finding Orca, the extended day means that we can spend quality time with all of the wildlife, like Humpback Whales, Pacific White-Sided Dolphins, Bears, Sea Lions, and much more that our spectacular area has to offer.
You have two options for your adventure:
- Our covered vessel with indoor seating and space outside for viewing. This boat is great for families and suitable for all ages.
- Our zodiac style vessel for those who like being outdoors and want to feel the west coast wind through their hair
Looking for something for just your family, friend group or work crew? We have private charter rates available!
Adult price starting at $255 plus fees and taxes
Private Charter Rates starting at $1650 plus fees and taxes
Departs daily at 9:30 am
The tour begins at the Floathouse with a brief explanation of the wildlife you may encounter, a map of the general area of travel, and safety information.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Travelling to see a variety of nature and wildlife in a well maintained, 12 passenger vessel
- Nature interpretation by your certified Naturalist Guide and Captain
- Onboard washrooms (yes, even on the Zodiac!)
- An onshore lunch of fresh made wraps, snacks of homemade baked goods and granola bars, and beverages such as coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and water.
- Great opportunities to safely use cameras and binoculars (tripods not recommended)
- The calm and beautiful scenery while travelling through the narrow passages between the Discovery Islands and into Johnstone Strait, rather than into the open Pacific Ocean.
- The vocalizations of Orca or Humpback Whales through the onboard Hydrophones (underwater microphones) if those opportunities arise (Orca and Humpback Whales do not communicate all day).
Please note the minimum age on this tour is 4 years old. If you have questions regarding what is the best tour for your child please give us a call!
What is different about this tour compared to the 6 hour Whale Watching Tour ?
The Full Day Whale Watching Tour gives us the luxury of time!
- The main focus of this tour is the sighting of Orca which means that on some days we may travel longer distances to see them. On this tour we have the time to do so.
- On the journey we make every effort to spend quality time with other wildlife such as Humpback Whales, Dolphins, and Bears along the shore. On this tour we can spend more time with the animals that we encounter along the way.
WHALE SIGHTING COMMITMENT
Campbell River Whale Watching wants you to see whales. We will go the extra distance for you to see them and won’t cut the trip short. If we do not see a whale on your Full Day Whale Watch tour with us between July 1st - September 15th then we will take you out again at no charge, on a stand-by basis, until we do see one. Even if it’s next year!
Commitment is applicable to full fare paying Whale Watch tour clients and is valid for 24 months
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation up to 4 people (7 day notice required for groups larger than 4 people). Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been in contact with anyone showing symptoms will receive a full refund right up until the time of departure. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. All trips are subject to fees and taxes.
Our minimum age is 4 years old on zodiac tours, however this is a very long day for young children. Please give us a call in the office to discuss if this is suitable tour for your children.