On this all day adventure we travel through the fertile waters of the Salish Sea, Discovery Passage and Johnstone Strait. The focus of this tour is Orca, however you can also expect to see Humpback Whales, Pacific White Sided Dolphin, Sea Lions, Harbour Seals, Bald Eagles, and Black Bears feeding along the shoreline. The full day Whale Watching tour departs at 9:30 a.m. each day and is designed for those individuals who have a single day to spend in the area and want to see as much as they can!
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Traveling to see a variety of wildlife in a well maintained, DOT approved, 12 passenger Zodiac.
- Nature interpretation by a certified Naturalist Guide who is also the vessel Captain.
- Onboard washrooms (marine head with environmental friendly holding tanks).
- A full shore lunch, snacks and hot and cold beverages (a variety of freshly made wraps, homemade sweets, fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water).
- The ability to use cameras and binoculars safely (tripods not recommended).
- The calm waters and beautiful scenery traveling the narrow passages between the Discovery Islands, Johnstone Straight and Robson Bight (an ecological reserve set aside fro the protection of the Northern Resident Orca).
- The vocalizations of Orca or Humpback Whales through the onboard Hydrophones (underwater microphones) if those opportunities arise (Orca and Humpback Whales do not communicate all day).
What is different about this tour compared to the 6 hour Whale Watching Tour ?
The Full Day Whale Watching Tour gives us the luxury of time!
- The main focus of this tour is the sighting of Orca which means that on some days we may travel longer distances to see them. On this tour we have the time to do so.
- On the journey we make every effort to spend quality time with other wildlife such as Humpback Whales, Dolphin and Bears along the shore. On this tour we can spend more time with the animals that we encounter along the way.
GUARANTEE OF WHALE SIGHTINGS
Campbell River Whale Watching wants you to see whales. We will go the extra distance for you to see them and won’t cut the trip short. If we do not see a whale on your 8 Hour Day Trip Whale Watch tour with us between July 1st - September 15th then we will take you out again at no charge, on a stand-by basis, until we do see one. Even if it’s next year!
Guarantee applicable to full fare paying Whale Watch tour clients and is valid for 24 months
Package Booking and Cancellation Policy
Refundable deposit 48 hour cancellation policy on groups up to 4 people, 7 day cancellation policy on larger groups.
Conditions Apply - Taxes not included.