Join us on a 6 hour Whale Watching Tour as we explore the waters of the Salish Sea, Discovery Passage and Johnstone Strait to find Transient Orcas and Humpback Whales On this tour we will see a variety of wildlife and some spectacular scenery. Transient Orca and Humpback Whales make this their home for 12 months of the year and during July through September the fish eating Resident Orca arrive to make the viewing twice as good. The constant flushing of these extreme tidal waters maintain a high level of oxygen which gives rises to a constant source of nutrients for Pacific Herring and in turn provide food for Harbour Seals, Sea Lions and large numbers of Pacific White Sided Dolphin.
The main focus of the 6 hour Whale Watching tours are Orca and Humpback Whales however Pacific Sided Dolphin and Black Bears foraging along the shore are also an important part of these tours.
The tour begins with a 10 minute briefing by the guide using a large map of the area of travel. During this time you will review the Whale activity of the previous day and go over the general route plan for your 6 hour adventure.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Traveling to see a variety of wildlife in a well maintained, DOT approved, 12 passenger vessel
- Nature interpretation by a certified Naturalist Guide who is also the vessel Captain.
- Onboard washrooms (marine head with environmental friendly holding tanks)
- a full shore lunch, snacks and hot and cold beverages (a variety of freshly made wraps, homemade sweets, fruit, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water).
- The ability to use cameras and binoculars safely (tripods not recommended).
- The calm waters and beautiful scenery traveling the narrow passages between the Discovery Islands and into Johnstone Straight rather than into the open Pacific Ocean.
Package Booking and Cancellation Policy
Refundable deposit 48 hour cancellation policy on groups up to 4 people, 7 day cancellation policy on larger groups.
Conditions Apply - Taxes not included.