Join us on a 6 hour Whale Watching Tour as we explore the waters of the Salish Sea, Discovery Passage, and Johnstone Strait. With an abundance of wildlife in our area, we are likely to encounter Humpback Whales, Killer Whales, Pacific White-Sided Dolphins, Bears, Steller Sea Lions, and so much more.
You have two options for your adventure:
- Our covered vessel with indoor seating and space outside for viewing. This boat is great for families and suitable for all ages.
- Our zodiac style vessel for those who like being outdoors and want to feel the west coast wind through their hair.
Looking for something for just your family, friend group or work crew? We have private charter rates available!
Adult price starting at $215 plus fees and taxes
Private Charter Rates starting at $2150 plus fees and taxes
Departs daily at 9:00 am
The tour begins at the Floathouse with a brief explanation of the wildlife you may encounter, a map of the general area of travel, and safety information.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Travelling to see a variety of nature and wildlife in a well maintained, 12 passenger vessel
- Nature interpretation by your certified Naturalist Guide and Captain
- Onboard washrooms (yes, even on the Zodiac!)
- An onshore lunch of fresh made wraps, snacks of homemade baked goods and granola bars, and beverages such as coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and water.
- Great opportunities to safely use cameras and binoculars (tripods not recommended)
- The calm and beautiful scenery while travelling through the narrow passages between the Discovery Islands and into Johnstone Strait, rather than into the open Pacific Ocean.
- The vocalizations of Orca or Humpback Whales through the onboard Hydrophones (underwater microphones) if those opportunities arise (Orca and Humpback Whales do not communicate all day).
Please note the minimum age on this tour is 4 years old. If you have questions regarding what is the best tour for your child please give us a call!
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation up to 4 people (7 day notice required for groups larger than 4 people). Anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 will receive a full refund right up until the time of departure. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. All trips are subject to fees and taxes.
Please note our minimum age is 4 years old on our 6 hour whale watching tours. For children under 4 we recommend our four hour trip on a covered boat. Please give us a call to discuss your best option with young children.